These terms of service (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms of Service") outline the conditions for using Kodak Photo Service (hereinafter referred to as the "Service") provided by Kodak Alaris Japan Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Company"). The registered user (hereinafter referred to as the “User” or “Users” depending on context) is required to read the Terms of Service before using the Service. The User is deemed to have agreed to the Terms of Service by using the Service.
The Company provides the User with the Service that consists of:
- (1) Photoprint-related product service that provides photoprint-related products requested by the User through the order taking system controlled by the Company; and
- (2) Print-related product service that provides print-related products requested by the User through the order taking system controlled by the Company.
The Terms of Service will be applied to all relationships between the User and Company concerning the use of the Service. The User will in good faith observe the Terms of Service when using the Service.
- Registration of use will be completed when the Company approves the application for the registration of use made by registration applicants through the method specified by the Company.
- The Company may decline the application for registration of use and will be under no obligation to disclose the reasons for the declination if the Company believes that registration applicants:
- (1) Reported false information upon the application for the registration of use;
- (2) Have violated the Terms of Service; or
- (3) Are not eligible for the registration of use due to other reasons.
- The User will be responsible for controlling his or her own user ID and password for the Service.
- In no event may the User transfer or lend his or her user ID or password to third parties. The Company deems that the User has logged him or herself in to use the Service when the user ID and password matches the registered information and is properly combined.
As a consideration for the use of the Service, the User will pay, through the methods specified by the Company, usage fees separately determined by the Company and shown in the website.
The User may not cancel an order after confirming the order details and placing the order on the Order Confirmation page. The Company declines to accept products returned due to the User’s personal reasons.
- (1) Violate laws and regulations or public order and morality;
- (2) Be involved in a criminal act;
- (3) Harm or disturb the Company’s server or network capabilities;
- (4) Take action that may interrupt the Company’s service operations;
- (5) Collect or accumulate other Users’ personal information etc.;
- (6) Impersonate other Users;
- (7) Directly or indirectly offer assistance to antisocial forces in connection with the Company’s service;
- (8) Violate or take action that may violate the Company’s or third parties’ copyrights, trademarks, and any other intellectual property rights; property rights, right to privacy, portrait rights, and any other rights;
- (9) Slander, defame, or discredit the Company or third parties;
- (10) Violate or take action that may violate privacy;
- (11) Use the Service to publicize, post or send photographic data or text information that contains obscene, violent, or ethnic subjects or those leading to racism, or child pornography or abuse; or
- (12) Take other action that is regarded as inappropriate by the Company.
- The Company may discontinue or suspend the provision of all or part of the Service without prior notice to the User if:
- (1) The Company services or updates the computer system used for the Service;
- (2) The Service cannot be provided due to force majeure including, but not limited to, earthquakes, thunderbolts, fires, power failures, or acts of God;
- (3) Computers, communication lines, etc. stop due to accidents; or
- (4) The Company believes that the Service cannot be provided due to other reasons.
- The Company will not be liable to the User or third parties for any loss or damage caused by the discontinuation or suspension of the provision of the Service irrespective of reasons.
- The Company may prohibit the User from using all or part of the Service or deregister the User without prior notice if the User:
- (1) Violates any provisions in the Terms of Service;
- (2) Is found to have registered using false information;
- (3) Delays or does not make payment of the Service fees; or
- (4) Is deemed by the Company not to be eligible for the use of the Service.
- The Company will not be liable to the User for any damage caused by action taken by the Company under this Article.
- The Company will be exempt from liability for default unless it is caused by the Company’s intent or gross negligence.
- If the Company is liable for damages for any reason, the liability will be limited to the extent of damage that could usually occur or up to the amount of money paid for chargeable service.
- The Company will not be responsible for any transactions, communications, disputes, etc. between Users or between the User and third parties, which may arise in connection with the Service.
The Company may modify the Service contents or suspend the provision of the Service without prior notice to the User and will assume no responsibility for any damage to the User caused by said action.
The Company may modify the Terms of Service whenever necessary without prior notice to the User.
The Company will give notifications to the User by posting such information in the website or sending it by email.
The User may not transfer to third parties or offer as security his or her status under the service contract or the rights and obligations under the Terms of Service without the Company’s prior written approval.
- The Terms of Service will be governed by and construed under the laws of Japan.
- Disputes arising from the Service will be filed with the sole competent court that has jurisdiction over the Company’s head office location.
Enacted August 1, 2015